Tuesday, June 14, 2011

International Yarn Bombing Day

...What a group effort!


This year held the first annual International Yarn Bombing Day on June 11, 2011. My knitting group, the Eugene Knotty Knitters decided to yarn bomb a bicycle and pedestrian bridge in Eugene, Oregon. There were so many great pieces. I've said it before, but I am in so much love with my crafty friends. Their art is so inspiring!



You can read more about our yarn bombing at The Knotty Knitters blog. And I was a guest blogger for Yarnbombing.com.



My contributions to the bridge were a few railing cozies, a pom pom garland and a loooooooong cozy for the bridge that measured 42 feet. After we added the other cozies, it was over 50 feet in length. Amazing!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your yarnbombing, and I sent a link to my daughter who lives there. The birds made me SMILE!

    ReplyDelete